WHY USING SOD IN A NEW LAWN IS BEST
Installing a sod lawn has many advantages over other lawn planting methods such as seeding, springing, plugging, etc. Here is a list of reason why you should choose to sod in a lawn.
Advantages of Installing a SOD Lawn
1. A sod lawn produces an “instant lawn”. The most popular benefit to sodding is the fact that there is no lingering wait to be able to enjoy a gorgeous green yard. When you sod, you are getting a huge head-start to be able to use your lawn for regular activities like playing or entertaining. A seed or sprigged yard takes a significant amount of time to grow in (typically 18 months), leaving your yard looking bare and unattractive. Sodding is usually ready for heavy activity after two weeks, allowing it to be a fast lawn- planting option that adds immediate beauty to your home’s outdoor space.
2. Once installed, sod requires less irrigation. Newly planted sod should typically be watered twice a day for the first couple of weeks. Seeding a lawn can require up to four or more waterings per day to maintain the ground with the necessary moisture required for proper seed germination. This can be costly and time-consuming.
3. Sod makes for a denser lawn. When sodding, pieces are fit tightly together to get a lush, even lawn. There are no bare spots in a sodded yard that would require extra work, like reseeding for example.
4. Sod prevents soil erosion. Upon sod installation, because it is already fully mature, sod controls dust, mud, and erosion. Sodded turfgrass is a quick and excellent filter of dirt and dust from your home.
5. Sod is grown by professional turfgrass farmers, giving your lawn a strong foundation for health and beauty. Woerner AgriBusiness has been in the sod business for over 35 years, giving them the knowledge and experience necessary to grow a premium sod product. Woerner Turf’s turfgrass is grown on the best soils using superior growing and maintenance techniques. These techniques allow Woerner Turf to provide a premium product to homeowners and landscape contractors year round. Don’t fuss with the hassle of trying to seed, spring, or plug a lawn. Install an instant weed-free, pest-free, healthy lawn using Woerner Turf sod!