Sod plugs are a simple way to repair damaged areas of a warm-season lawn or to establish a lawn when sod is not available or practical. We offer plugs in Zoysia and St. Augustine grass. One tray of 18 planted 12” to 16″ apart will cover 50 square feet.
- Dig a 3” deep hole for each plug (12-16″ apart). For an extra boost, add 1 teaspoon of organic fertilizer before planting.
- Press plug firmly into the hole, filling in all space around the edge of the plug. The plug roots should make contact with the ground to ensure continuous growth.
- After planting, water plugs until well saturated. Water every day until they have rooted into your lawn and then, cut back to twice a week.
- Good to excellent
- Daily (3 inches) for first 2 weeks
- Daily (1-2 inches) for second 2 weeks
- Once established, water heavily once every few days
- Ideal height: 2 – 4 inches
- Every week during growing season
- Sharp rotary or reel mower
- Never remove more than 1/3 of the blade growth
- Fertilize with 0.4 – 0.8lb of nitrogen per 1,000 sq. ft. per growing month
- Slow release organic fertilizer recommended
- Tolerates wide range
- Best suited to well drained fertile soil
- Ideal pH tolerance: 6.7 – 7.5
- Fairly wear resistant
- Good recuperative qualities
- Not recommended for high traffic areas
OTHER SOD TYPES
Where To Find Us